We are now accepting submissions for The Art of Being Together. This unique opportunity to exhibit and compete in our juried show is available only to emerging artists. Deadline to submit is Friday February 19, 2010.
Artists will bring their work to L’Arche Greater Vancouver 7401 Sussex Ave. in Burnaby during the weeks of February 2 – 6, 8 – 13, 15 – 19 during business hours (9 a.m. to 5 p.m.)
We define an emerging artist as someone who
- Makes art
- Has never shown before or has shown up to 10 times in public galleries
- Has a body of work
- Is working as an artist (but can also have a day job)
- Does not have their own gallery and is not represented by a gallery
This event is limited to someone who
- Has finished high school – there is no maximum age
- Lives in the Lower Mainland
This is open to paint, photography, collage or digital mediums. The piece must:
- Reflect the theme of community and our need of each other.
- Which can include: understanding, friendship, celebration, caring, diversity, inclusiveness mutual relationships, welcome, collaboration, trust, laughter, caring, sharing life and ecumenism.
- Be 2-D, ready to hang (but not necessarily framed) and does not exceed 48” in any direction or weigh more than 20 lbs.
- One entry per artist
Emerging Artists are asked to please fill out and return a Submission Form available here.